I am a student at UW-Stout working on a project dealing with safety in the kitchen. I know there is a polymer out there that changes color when heat is present. I am wondering what the name of this polymer is. Thanks for any help!!

moved from students and schools forum<<<<<<<<<<

Well I’m not going to do your research for you, but lets think about this:


my guess is if you google the word ‘thermochromic’ you’ll find what you need. Furthermore, I’m guessing that there isn’t really a polymer that is thermochromic rather than a pigment or other additive of some sort that makes a the polymer it is added to have the charateristic of changing color due to changes in heat.

fyi…certain low temp ceramic coatings will also change color when heated