Please critique me on my portfolio - thank you

Antidesign;

Once again the feedback was so extensive and awesome, thanks a lot man, you are so very right about information display still struggling to do that, but now i have an idea and working towards it, will post a new one ASAP.

Thanks

VT

Sketchforever;

I know what you mean by the vacuum and wave alert, they were merely sketch projects which i took time to 3D model for my modeling class , i guess i should keep it to that. Also do you feel the portfolio is a little too extensive with 38 pages, coz i have seen portfolio which are 88 pages…hahaha…as antidesign mentioned maybe its wise to have a smaller portfolio as well…what do you think.??

Thank you for your time and your effort in looking at my work.

Cheers

I think you don’t truly understand the point of your website and the downloadable portfolio.

Let me break it down for you - You want to go to the movies some night, and you’re going to spend 1 or 2 hours there - a movie trailer is designed to give you 2 minutes of action to seduce you into wanting to see that movie. The same goes for reading the back cover of a novel in a bookshop - you read the back, get the gist, and if it entices you, buy it.

That is what you need to do for both your website and the downloadable portfolio - to seduce potential employers to the extent where they want to see more, and that’s when the interview invite comes and they get to see (and most importantly you get to present) the whole portfolio and process. And the way you do that is with visuals - presenting beautiful sketches, nice renderings in a way that people can look at them and understand them in 2/3 seconds - it’s all about visual seduction at the early stage.

@georgeous;

I am truely grateful for your help in this matter dude, the trailer explanation makes perfect sense, so does any other commercial/ad film, the reason i was confused was the distinction in use between a teaser portfolio and a full fledged one, i understand now that if u have everything in the beginning and the client or the interviewer would wanna see more, i would have nothing else to put on the table. The work is goin on man, would break it down and post up very soon…thanks once again.

cheers

It’s ok man. You just need to remember you need to seduce this with awesome visuals so they know you have the skills (sketching, modelling, 3d whatever) so they think - ‘Ok, he’s got skills, but does he have the process’ - and thats when they get curious and invite you in.

Looking forward to seeing you reformed teaser etc.