Paper cupcake cups - anyone knows how they make them?

I am looking for the technology used for making paper cupcake cups (those small paper cups used for chocolate balls and other tasty things), anyone knows how/where/who makes them?

Reymnols make some. Same company that gives us “ReynoldWrap” aluminum foil.

It would be safe to assume that they are neither cast, nor extruded.

It’s probably some sort of die-based folding process…I’ll bet they have a circular (or some custom shape determined mathematically) blank that gets pressed into that form in a matched die.


sometimes I mumble when I type.