PainterX Speedpainting

I just switched over to painter, and i think i like it a lot. After messing with the brushes, features, etc. for a couple of days i came up with this. (2.5 hours.)
C&C please, especially on composition.

i like the comp.pretty linear. really heavily loaded on the right, to damn near empty on the left. something feels a little crowded though… i think the crowding takes away from movement… are they supposed to be going fast?

kinda just cruising somewhere, not that fast.

yeah its got that feel.

very nice. I think it could use a couple of hits of more saturated color, just a few pops to bring the eye around.

j_ I think the thing messing with it might be the little ship in the distance to the far right lower corner. The contrast is high there and it keeps drawing my eye away from the foreground 2 ships… really (REALLY) nice though!

I just made a concept art group on coroflot to contain some of this stuff… check it out:

http://www.coroflot.com/groups/conceptart

yeah you’re right.

i’d either take that guy out or tone it back…

agreed. thx a lot for the comments guys, it really does help me.

compostionally you could probably balance it out a lil’ more by moving the large star over to the left most portion

how do you like using painter x? did you use painter ix?

compostionally you could probably balance it out a lil’ more by moving the large star over to the left most portion

how do you like using painter x? did you use painter ix?

maybe you should also check out conceptart.org or cgtalk.com

i just started using painter, i havent used any other versions, but it seems to work fine, there are a few glitches and annoying problems though, but u get used to them, i really like it.