Could anyone please tell me how I can outline a photograph on adobe illustartor and fill it in to give the image a ‘comic book feel’.

Thank you.

The good ol’ pen tool, and tracing it. I don’t think there’s an automatic way that’ll do it by itself in illustrator. I thought I heard photoshop had a filter that would do something similar, not sure.

Adobe Streamline is a software tool just for that purpose- works ok, not always great.
The cheaper version is to use the posterize tool in photoshop…

the fastest way I found is to outline in Illustrator with the pen tool, then bring it in Photoshop and just bucket the color or select/fill in…takes longer to do all the color work in illustrator.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys :slight_smile:

If you have flash it can do stuff similar to streamline.