NYC/BOSTON salaries!

Thinking about NYC or Boston…
Any designers at TOP NOTCH ID firms in NYC or Boston?

What are they paying?
(wondering about Entry and 3-5 years)
What did they offer for entry levels?
(Gilette’s website few weeks ago stated ~40 to 53 for entry, not quite a firm but FYI)

Thanks fellow IDers!

I wonder what you think are the top ones in NYC.

Smart Design, Frog, what else?

I wonder why there are not many ID firms in NY. It seems many places design stuff like tableware.

Thanks

I think you are being misled to believe the “top notch” city design firms pay the most. They usually pay the least.

For instance…a close friend worked as a junior designer in NYC…at the same time I was working for a smaller consulting firm in NJ. I was making nearly double. Same age…same skill level.

yeah, i remember i was offered an internship by a top notch NYC firm, the best one, the rate was $8/hr.
man…

Is it stupid to show a future employer paper work of an internship offer from a huge name firm you got before but turned down?

Is it silly?

I wonder… Cuz i didn’t do that internship and still have that paper work.

there was no mention of hoping and assuming TOP NOTCH firms PAY THE MOST. I think you were misled to believe that.

"What are they paying?
(wondering about Entry and 3-5 years)
What did they offer for entry levels? "

any answers?

(Also, TOP NOTCH = pretty well known by majority of people in the ID field, not ONE elite world shattering firm that makes God tremble based on individual opinions)

“(Also, TOP NOTCH = pretty well known by majority of people in the ID field, not ONE elite world shattering firm that makes God tremble based on individual opinions)”

So mislead, what’s the elite ONE?

What’s the first letter of the name?

X

ok, drop it, i was meaning,
i initially meant TOP NOTCH as in
= pretty well known by majority of people in the ID field, not ONE elite world shattering firm that makes God tremble
…WHATEVER IT MAY BE…
based on individual opinions.

(FYI, i personally dont have one that i think would literally make GOD tremble, if you can’t catch some sort of sarcasm there)

relpy only if you have $ figures, not with arguments or discussions on what your favorite ID firm upperdeck MYP rookie card is.

haha…

I want to know the figure too, I also get an interview in this area soon.