Northumbria DFI09 Graduate show

Please take a look at our work at http://www.dfi09.com and hopefully you will be interested in this years diverse range of graduate designers. The entire show has been orchestrated and designed by the students, induding all aspects from the branding to the website and exhibition design.

If there is anything more information which you maybe interested please do not hesitate to contact me.

!!!Let us know what you think about it and feel free to leave a comment!!!

Chris Holden
DFI09 Core team

Hey guys, we would love to hear your comments on the website and the work.

There has been no outside agencies involved in the production of our graduate show and we are all avid readers of Core77 so please take a look and let us know what you think.

We will be down in London at New Designers between the 15-19 of July next week so if you are around please come and find any of us at the show for a chat, we look forward to seeing you.

Chris
Ba(Hons) Design For Industry

Looks like this year’s grads have not just a great range of work but demonstrate consistent high quality and an understanding of real-world solutions in every one of the designs.

As an ex Northumbria grad myself (it was Newcastle Poly back then…) it’s great to see the ID students are keeping the Northern Lights especially bright.

Thanks for the heads up Paul! were all off to New Designers, London tomorrow for our big design show so if you know anyone who maybe around in London be sure to tell them to head down.

Looks really good guys! Wish you all the best of luck!

Is it true that Jonathan Ive studied there? Great work from this year’s grads

Yes, JI studied there -it was known as Newcastle Poly then. He graduated just when I had started, and he was already a legend. We were a little sick of the way the faculty went on about him. They obviously recognised how gifted he was, even at that early stage.

You should have asked him to sketch something on a sheet of paper and rub his finger on it. Then encase this in glass, of course. Then treasure this thing for as long as possible. l)