Northern Michigan University (degree offerings)

Says they offer a BFA in Human-Centered Design (Product+Environmental)…
as well as a woodworking-based Furniture major as well…

http://art.nmu.edu/department/human.html

http://art.nmu.edu/department/furn_product_wood.html

It’s in the middle of nowhere (upper peninsula) and it’s the second snowiest city in the nation. But it’s a very inexpensive school… Of course I don’t know what the quality of education is…

wow, never knew.
If you’re interested in some of the broader offerings universities have to offer, like human factors or business/marketing (hint hint), you could do a semester at someplace like W.Mich or M.State and get some exposure to things Kendall doesn’t have alot of expertise in (they’d certainly be cheaper too).

I’m not sure about Kendall, but this is rarley done because it gets you out of sequence, but if you carefully planned an internship with a transfer semester - it could be 12 months spent seperating you from everyone else in the state and most in the country.

Have you looked into CCS in Detroit yet? Don’t be scared away by “high” costs of tuition. CCS is one of the best art/design schools in the country, but they actually have some of the cheapest tuition rates. And if you’re good and have a solid portfolio, they might throw you a nice partial or even the full ride scholarship.

hey Tommy I pm’d you.

watch “Fargo”.

that’s the UP 6-7 months of the year. Michigan Tech is a great engineerin school also located up there. i think the students are so good because there’s nothing else to do.

i think thats my backup plan if Kendall doesn’t work out for some reason. i’ve grown to enjoy snow especially in rural areas… the isolation factor may be a problem though. excellent scandinavian-influenced cuisine up there.

My dad went to Michigan Tech for metallurgy, he and other say that back then it was the best school in the nation for that sort of thing. I’ve been up there a number of times, it is very beautiful. I would not go to northern for Id stuff, CCS is way awesome. u of Wis-stought is good or so I hear from people I know who went there for ID…

p.s: that kid on the picture on the main page of toughs links is milling pink foam…