New website

I’ve just about finished putting my website together and would like to put it out there to see how people find it. Any advice on usability and navigation would be greatly appreciated, dead links too…

You might notice there is no work in the portfolio section. I’m getting round to that, but imagine when you click on a project a full-screen autoviewer flash slideshow comes up with a few slides explaining the project…

Find it here:

Jason, when I clicked on portfolio then try to click on the individual projects I get a new page that says “oops page not found”

You might notice there is no work in the portfolio section. I’m getting round to that, but imagine when you click on a project a full-screen autoviewer flash slideshow comes up with a few slides explaining the project…

Yeh sorry, I realise submitting my website in the portfolio subject with no actual portfolio is pretty dumb. But I’m really just look for some advice on the website in general and how you find it.

I need to communicate this in the portfolio section a little bit better.

Jason,

The one thing that bothers me a little about your site is that I have to scroll down to click on the content. Think about what it is you want people visiting your site to see first. Is it the diagonal lines with “portfolio (mini)” or your work?

Also the “find me here” bar right smack in the middle of the page makes me think that that is the end of the page and the icons are too large in my opinion. If I were an employer, I wouldn’t care much to find you elsewhere, I would want to see your work first and if it makes an impact, then I might consider finding you somewhere else to get more info on you.