new tecnology and new product from me

its called magnetohydrodynamics, in short its a way of generating text, graphics and animations using flowing water. Check out the movie at www.phantomwater.com PS the site is sort of sucky, I am not a graphic artist after all. LOL

Very cool… you should hit the ISA (international sign association) with that technology if you haven’t already. I can see many many uses combining that and LED illumination.

I won’t knock the site…

I have not thought of the ISA, any suggestions on how to approach them?

I would start by exhibiting at the Sign Expo. You’d have to get in next year as this year’s is fast approaching.

http://www.signexpo.org/Exhibitors/WhyExhibit/tabid/105/Default.aspx

thanks.

Very cool. The voice over in the video sounded bored of it already though…I’ll knock the site;)

Did you narrate Zippy?

Water features are also used in the tradeshow industry. This concept might be popular because it combines the feature with messaging.

Probably way too late for you to go to Exhibitor 2009 (it’s next week), but this would be a great show to show it off at.

Here’s a link:

http://www.exhibitoronline.com/

I feel smart because I figured it out before I read the technology page.

Very cool though, I can already see it in the lobby of a hotel or office building, spelling out the time, stock quotes and other corporate information as you walk towards the front desk in front of the two story waterfall of information.

Have you experimented with different patinas on the sediment to get different colors?

I can do any color, but only 1 color gets displayed (like all blue, all black, even white) its a custom thing, for now black is it.

I think so too, combined with sensors so the display pops up when somebody approaches might be cool too. I would love to retro fit the big water wall at Cardiff Wales with a analog clock system, give them their own 21st century big ben.

yes after months and months and months of development on a product you do get bored when it works. Ahhh yes new technology so hard to develop so much fun when its done. I am really looking forward to new designs using both 2 and 3 d shapes.

I swear I could see the Virgin Mary in the intro…

nice! now to sell it, you just need the full package. branding (sorry, but the name kinda sucks), identity, web and marketing, etc. gotta s3x it up a bit and make more of a presence then i’m sure you’ll have lots of success.

If done right, a the very least I could see lots of blog posting in the usual design blogs on something like this, but at the moment, seems more like homebake proof of concept to me.

Best of luck,

R

WOW what a cool (if sneaky) image to jam in there, and yes the entrepreneur in me would (will) do that.

it is homebaked, the budget is very very small (thanks econ). I like the name btw.

name aside (sounds not really bad, but just kinda generic, infomercial-ish to me, and not something that is easily googleable - a quick search on “phantom water” gives more than 8M hits, none of them you I could see on the first 5 pages), I’m sure I don’t need to tell a well-seasoned guy like you that you need to project the image you want, as opposed to the image you can “afford”…

if you plan on targeting big brands and such for tradeshows, you should present an image that is within their realm. Looking homebaked will get you homebaked customers, which I imagine is not what you might want…no one wants to take a chance on a product/company that looks like it might disappear overnight or not ship. Just sayin’…

It’s not bad to be homebaked (more props to you for getting this as far as you have), but just the branding/marketing guy in me seeing the potential…

As is, I’d imagine at least half the potential prospects would see the site and just leave immediately. Sorry to be harsh. a tiny bit of coin in the presentation can go a long way…I’ve seen it before, as I’m sure have you.

Compared to the cost of tooling, trade shows, etc. Design and such costs to re-position and brand your product are likely very small…

Hope you take this as intended, not a knock on you personally at all, but just some healthy constructive criticism from an outsiders perspective.

R

totaly agree, now if somebody that shit hot in web design wants to step up for a piece of the action…i am all ears.

totaly agree, now if somebody that shit hot in web design wants to step up for a piece of the action…i am all ears.[/quote]

I can do it all (brand/identity/web) feel free to PM me (or email which you still might have from our previous correspondence), anytime.

BTW, I didn’t necessarily mean my post to be an ad for my own services (more general advice), but I’d be happy to discuss working with you on the project.

R

I can do it all (brand/identity/web) feel free to PM me (or email which you still might have from our previous correspondence), anytime.

BTW, I didn’t necessarily mean my post to be an ad for my own services (more general advice), but I’d be happy to discuss working with you on the project.

R[/quote]no prob, i am the big cheese when it comes to new tech, and sometimes ID but graphics…fuggetaboutit.

Cool stuff Zippy! How long has this been in the works? This could be big. I definitely could see this being picked up on the Core77 blog, and then Engadget and Gizmodo… and it’s for these reasons (and I’m only saying this because I think you’ve got something) that I think you might want to take down the website until RK works his magic.

If Engadget picked this up, the headline would probably read “Wow Cool water display technology… but check out their website, snicker, snicker”, and then you would have 20 comments about how the website looks like it’s from a defunct company from the late 90’s. Not the sort of image you’re trying to present. In the interim period the youtube video would probably suffice for demonstrating proof of concept to any interested parties.