New site is up

Hey guys,

I finally got my website launched. It will be up shortly if not already. Let me know what you think!

www.tonyhardman.com

-TH

Ditch the scrolling frame with the imges in, its not very dynamic!

Your Website look great, but i have a couple of suggestions.
The title (Tony Hardman footwear design) could be more attractive, you could have designed your name in a unique way in illustrator and use it as your home page title.

The white background website pages are a little bit cold, maybe try to see how they will look in black, giving your pages a portfolio feel (white over black).

If you can, you should design all the title of your pages, try to have fun with it and dont forget that people will come visit so make it attractive and interesting to keep them looking at your work. Maybe you could look at Ade website for reference.

That’s all i can say for now, but there is more to come :laughing:

Thanks guys!

I know the templates suck. There is a reason I just had to rush getting it up so the work is displayed for now. I will improve the look of the site when I have more than 2 days to do it. I just decided to do this on sunday, and just getting everything up almost killed me. lol.

Thanks for the feedback! Scrolling crap is gone!

Hey man_ I think you did the right thing. I’ve been evolving my site over 5 years. You’ll learn things and evolve it as you go, but just taking the first huge step of getting the work together and putting it into a template and online is huge.

You got the site up and the content is there and it’s pretty solid.
Now it’s time for the tuning, not just the aesthetic, but think of how you really want to present the work and lead the viewer through. Right now, it’s good for sharing the content, but your not making the best use of the medium is all, but you’ll get there. Keep at it!

Yeah, It’s definitely the cheesiest site ever and doesn’t show any creativity, but I’ll get it there. I have a lot to do on it. Like you said, MD- Just had to get the work up =)

LOL…will do!

I Love it.
probably i’mm looking too much at te content as opposed to the graphic structure of the site… :wink:

dd.

Thanks Denis! Dang, I need to change my Core ID. I didn’t realize it was almost the same as yours.

I will likely keep the site simple since I want the work to be the focus. Might just change the background color, template image to be more about my work/footwear and header font.

Anyone know Ade’s site addy? I wanna check it out. Doesn’t he have the sweet graffiti flash intro?

Ade’s site
www.ideationstation.net

Tony, your site is pretty good. It’ll take a little time to get it what you want it to look like, but the important thing is that you have your stuff up and people can look at it. Eventually you’ll read up on the html, css, javascript and all the other crazy stuff.

word! i clicked on the link fully expecting to see the page in signature TH black, you let me down cuz! the site is definitely a bit staid, it is missing that flair; but no doubt it will be something that you will continue to evolve over time

I will likely keep the site simple since I want the work to be the focus. Might just change the background color, template image to be more about my work/footwear and header font.

Anyone know Ade’s site addy? I wanna check it out. Doesn’t he have the sweet graffiti flash intro?Anyone know Ade’s site addy? I wanna check it out. Doesn’t he have the sweet graffiti flash intro?

that probably is the best way to go, letting the work stand on its own (just be careful not to make it too cookie cutter, you want to have the peoples engaged when the navigate the site). my site is all flash (and there isn’t much flash at that!) no substance! actually i did not use any flash,it is all animated gifs, drove me crazy getting them just right; i actually hand coded & reverse engineered my site from other sites i liked…it was like a full time job just figuring that stuff out, maybe eventually i will post the revised version up…if i can remember what i did the 1st time!

Ade, your site is sick!I have seen t before… Though you’re right, none of the images worked for me!

Well, my site is NEVER gonna be as cool as Ade’s so get over it! lol Honestly, I am just not interested in studying web design enough to accomplish something like that. But hopefully it will serve the purpose.

Thank you all for your insights. It was really helpful!!!

now that is funny!!! thanks for the propers, i started out way too ambitious and i was so excited learning so much & that i actually got certain things to work i did not mind spending the time on it.(plus i as not working much at the time) i would likely would have been better served to incrementally update it.

lol, I did the same thing as Ade. I just found a css template, looked at it and kind of just replaced certain parts of code and images with my own. Sadly I dont have a domain name. But you can check it out TH, if you want.

www.msu.edu/~lethomas/