NEW Footwear Design and Development blog

Hi all,

Sorry if you have already read this, since I have posted this in the Footwear Forum already, but it has been suggested to me to aslo post here to reach a broader selection of members. I have got great feedback and interst on my new blog already and would like to share it with as many people as possible.

I’ve been a huge fan of core since back in the early days (1998?!), and have always been thankful for the great knowledge base.

Now I feel I have something to give back.

I’ve been in the footwear industry for about 4 years and am now Footwear Product Manager for hummel International based in Denmark, responsible for all design and development of performance (mostly soccer, handball) and lifestyle footwear.

I’ve just launched a new personal blog, first pullover to cover the design and development process, since I’ve seen a lot of interest around lately (including the new footwear forum here at core).

first pullover

I’ll be covering everything in the design process including footwear industry terminology, design and pattern development, development trips in asia, production methods and materials, and some general trendforecasting things as I travel around (NYC, London, Hong Kong, Japan, etc.). Also showing some sneak peaks of new products and concepts.

If anyone has any comments or topics to suggest I cover, lemme know. I new to the blogging thing, but I live footwear and thought I would do something useful with my interest. I’ll try to keep at least several new posts going up everyday, but please be patient I do have a real 9-5 (more like 8-6, actually) too!

Cheers,

Richard