New Balance Flimby Factory Video Tour...

This is a great video of the manufacturing process of a New Balance sneaker… and the cleanest footwear factor that I’ve ever seen!

Enjoy,
GURU

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the link! I’ll check it out when I get off work

I love this stuff. thanks for the link.

looks pretty typical to me. Most ftys I’ve seen are just as clean, BTW. Only thing different from the ftys I’ve been to is that it’s all old white dudes instead of young asian girls :slight_smile:

makes me want to finally get all that fty tour video I have on the computer and edit it! I think I’ve got over 10 hours of video from all steps of the production process!..

I even got a step by step assembly line cam shot from lasting to assembly and packing!

someday!

R

That would be excellent R. So many good side projects, so little time.

Ain’t that always the case! I actually had digitized the video once a long time ago but had to delete it all it it took up so much space on the computer I had at the time. Now I gotta 1TB drive, it’s a little more feasible!

R

Loved it!

Thanks for posting.

I miss a clean & organized occidental factory…bloody hell!!

Great video, nice crisp and to the point,

i do have a large question though, where did the soles come from? ive noticed that the new balance soles are usually multiple colors, how is this done?
Is it done like plastics with multi-injection molding? any help would be great.

Thanks

i do have a large question though, where did the soles come from? ive noticed that the new balance soles are usually multiple colors, how is this done?
Is it done like plastics with multi-injection molding? any help would be great.

They are pressure molded rubber outsoles. They are probably made in a different part of the factory or shipped in from another local factory. I’ll try to find you a video (or pictures)of this process.

GURU

swat22,

I haven’t found a video yet but, I found a link if you want to buy one :wink:

GURU

Here’s some pics of the process.

Essentially it’s a big, heated metal mold that die cut pieces of rubber are placed into, by hand, then closed and put under pressure for a set time.

Colors in different areas are done by a multi-step process, first putting in one color, pressing it, then cleaning the excess around the colordam with a knife, then putting another piece in, repeat.

I also have a vide of the making of the flap colored rubber sheets used before the die cutting process here-

http://www.firstpullover.com/2006/06/how-to-prepare-rubber-in-1m03s.html

Hope this is clear.

R