napier uni edinburgh

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the product design courses at napier uni in Edinburgh. I’d quite like to know if its an interesting course, worth applying for etc.
Greg

they design beer cans and footballs

Not sure about napier but I’m at Strathclyde.

Strathclyde - Strong engineering background. Not enough ID for my liking but I hear they’re improving that in earlier years starting next year. Some great facilities and rapid prototyping machines (although not always the budget for student projects to use them)

Glasgow art school - run 2 courses; product design and product design engineering. From what I’ve seen of PD seems a bit ‘art schooly’. A lot of the projects look as if they would be unlikley to work and have no market. The PDE course seems similar to the course at strathclyde, I think they do 4 days at Glasgow and 1 day at the art school.

Caly - PD course started last year I beleive. I’ve heard its very ID based but not very challanging however that was only the opinion of one person I spoke to.

Anyway sorry I don’t know about Edinburgh unis but thats whats going on in Glasgow.

I think ED summed it up well. I studied at GCBP before moving to England to get my BA as Scotland just didn’t seem to have the right course. Previously I studied at Strathclyde, though only for one year…too much Eng The Napier one seems to be the best tbh.

well i hope napier is a good course bvecause i’v accepted it now. I studied at heriot watt doing integrated product design, way to much mech eng and not near enough design.

well i hope napier is a good course bvecause i’v accepted it now. I studied at heriot watt doing integrated product design, way to much mech eng and not near enough design.