My Portfolio Website

A modified wordpress theme that is based around pictures. HERE IT IS

I’ve only just set this one up from my old website, so i’m (somewhat painfully) aware that there are quite a few things on there that I know need to be on there. Sketching mostly. But that will come… I have a whole load of projects to put on that will sort that out.

Just let me know what you think.
cheers,
D

nice. i only really took a quick look at the layout and some of the content pages, more looking at overall look and feel than the projects, but i like. doesnt look too blogg-y, and is easy to navigate with a good consistent graphic approach.

ive been meaning to check out wordpress for a while now since i know you have lots more layout freedom than blogger or other blog tools, but havent got the chance. you’ve inspired me to check it out once again. thanks.

well done.

R

Hi Richard,

I would highly recommend Wordpress. It is easy to use and very flexible. (hah hah this is the second person I amm reccomending it to)

My website is run on wordpress, but I intended it as a blog first and portfolio website second. My folio work is at the end.

BTW your DC is a great site!

Thanks Richard.

I’ve been trying to find a suitable platform for presenting work easily and this is the closest I’ve found to the one in my head. I’m sure it’ll go through changes as the work gets better.

D

Hey Duncan,

I agree with all that wordpress is a good option. Everything looks nice. The thing that I notice, in the possibly need to change corner, is the title and navigation size at the top of the page. I’m looking at it on a 19" monitor at 1440x900 and most of the page is taken up by the title and top nav. I don’t know how much control you have over this since it’s been a while since I looked at the wordpress editing features, but I would make it a bit smaller so that you can see some of your work right off the bat. Right now, it’s mostly plain text.

Color choices and everything else are great.

I’ll leave the work/presentation comments to those with a bit more experience since I’m still trying to figure that out myself.

Josh

thanks for all your responses. as with all portfolio sites, it is never over, just in stasis until the next project / idea comes along.