My First Industrial Design Portfolio

Hey guys,
Im a sophomore at Syracuse University in the I.D. program. Its 5 years of school total and this is the first year we actually get into the major. I posted my portfolio thus far, because we had a project for our graphics class to put together our work up until this point. I would love some feedback! Thanks!

It looks like you are off to a good start. The main issues I have is mainly with your titles and text.

1. Fix the coloring on your titles to match the actual color of one of the colors in a sketch. You’ve attempted this, but the colors are not quite there. The children’s project is the most obvious to me… the blue in the title doesn’t match any blue in your sketches.

2. The titles and the text need something else. They are currently lacking in the alignment department. They just don’t match visually. I’m not sure if there is a scale issue or if there needs to be an underline on the title. It just lacks something.

3. Get rid of the hyphenation in your text. it’s obnoxious since it’s not in a book or magazine article. Only use them for long write-ups (even then it’s very questionable).

4. Work on the wording of your projects. I don’t need to read that three of your projects were week long studies. try and briefly explain your concept for the piece.

5. I don’t really want to see your personal logo on every page.

6. I would like to see some more details on your various projects. for example: on your backpack project… I would like to see some close-ups of how you would detail the ipod pocket, the water bottle pocket… just some more info on how you would solve some of those issues.

I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

Hey good stuff…

Like Ross said I would show more of your process within each project. It’s really good that you are posting your stuff this early in your undergrad education. It will only help. Your sketches look pretty good…I would like to see more of them.

The sketches are really nice. Simple and straight forward. I might think about putting a little more contrast in them, make them pop even more.

I am gonna echo the comments about the text, its not to much but maybe bullet points? I always find those easier to digest.

Overall good work.

feel more free to experiment with every techique in every project … feel more free to be you …

please check out the link and the web page when you can spend few minutes.

Thanks guys

Im taking your advice into consideration and reworking it. Ill repost it all, with a couple new pages in the near future.

I appreciate the help and encouragement.

go! go! go! go! go! go! go! :smiley:

Hey guys…
So here is some reworkings/new styles/new pieces of my work. Lemme know what you think.

Hey guys,
So I posted a few new things, nothing major. Some sketching and some graphic design. Would love some feedback. More to come in the next few weeks. Some of the work Im more proud of to come. :smiley:

Uploaded a completely different portfolio design with some of my latest/better work. The changes were made in relation to sitting down with some designers from Eleven and Chase Design, and some of my peers and professors. Feedback would great! Using it to try to secure a summer internship so any help would be welcomed.

http://www.coroflot.com/everchanging19/Portfolio-2011