I’ve been making our products with compression molded EVA for years, but am looking for an alternative. EVA seems expensive and I am hoping to find a cheaper or comparable material to (at least) test out.
- soft finish, or laminatable with fabric pre molding (or post, if possible to get a clean lamination or even tight fabric cover fit)
- size is about 25"x20"8"
- current cost is about $8-12, so lower would be better
- I’ve seen some amazing molded PET felt furniture that might work for us, but have no experience or connections to people doing this.
- molded car interior panels - what material is this? the truck cover on a hatchback seems similar to PET with a fabric lamination.
- vacuum formed sheet goods with some kind of flocking?
I usually product 1000-3000 units at a time.
Do any of you have experience or ideas? I can share more specific details in a PM if you want.