ME (not looking to convert to ID)- Seeking job advice in NYC

Did any of these companies happen to be in the NYC area by chance?

I haven’t heard back from anyone in New York. I get a hand full of calls everyday from companies all over the Midwest that want to setup interviews when I didn’t even apply to them.

It really amazes me how different the design engineering industry is from Michigan/Ohio to the East Coast. I feel Like I get considered for positions I’m not even fully qualified for here yet, I don’t even get a response from those out East that I feel I exceed the requirements for.

Does anyone know of a company looking for engineers with experience in plastic injection, prototyping, testing, or 3D CAD design?

They’ve been HR people in small companies. Being quite familiar with one of the two companies which had already contacted me twice (same HR person) and interviewed me once in the past I think it’s particularly odd. … They have Industrial designers and likely at least one engineer on staff.

Sounds like a stereo-typical, small time, HR secretary… [so call me a misogynist, I’m not, but you can call me one this time].

… there is no clear distinction between the two, to them.

But since you seem to have an “in” with this company perhaps you can parlay this into a “design” job, while you’re explaining the distinction between industrial engineer and industrial designer (?) :wink:

I get a hand full of calls everyday from companies all over the Midwest that want to setup interviews when I didn’t even apply to them …

I feel Like I get considered for positions I’m not even fully qualified for here yet, I don’t even get a response from those out East that I feel I exceed the requirements for …

Does anyone know of a company looking for engineers with experience in plastic injection, prototyping, testing, or 3D CAD design?

Sounds like you already know who they are. Time to pull up those roots and journey out.

BTW, I get Monster job listings every day, with filters set for “designer, drafter, tooling, molds, etc.” Lots of the kind of work you’re looking for.