material to cover bent steel

Hi All,

Currently I’m designing a table which is made out of steel and has some rounded curves in the design(35mm radius) I would like to fasten/glue a hard wearing material to one side such as formica, however formica is unsuitable since it contracts and expands at a very different ratio than steel and so forms creases and bulges.

Has anyone had any experience with adhering a material similar to formica to steel? or found a way to successfully adhere formica to steel which is resistant to heat fluctuations?

Thanks in advance.