Master in London in Industrial Design

I already studied Industrial Design Engineering and I would like to study a Master in Europe.
I am gonna work in Cambridge, so I was thinking about going to London. I heard about Central Saint Martins School, Goldsmiths and Royal College of Art, but I don´t know wich one is the best, or if there is another one that is better. Of course, I care about the prestige, but not only that. I prefer the quality of the lessons, teachers and the final result of your knowledge.
Moreover, I would like to know how difficult it is to gain admittance in these schools, and also if I can go there (I studied a degree of 3 years + final project).
If you recommend me any master in particular, it would be also very helpful (I want Industrial Design, Product Design, or something like that).
Thank you very, very much
Mar

You may want to check out the National College of Art and Design in Dublin. I am not sure about their graduate program but it appeared to be impressive and might be worth a look.

The best idea is probably to have a detailed look through their websites and then go and check them out at an open day.

The courses are very different. The RCA and CSM are the only two year courses you mention. The RCA is 5 days a week for two years and CSM is 3 days a week for 2 years.

The points of view that the courses approach design from are as different as what Charles Eames and Tom Dixon think Design is. There is no one answer, just a personal preference.

I should think that a three year degree should be sufficient to get you in.

Hello all,

I’d like to take back this topic because I’m almost in the same situation as the author was six years ago. I’m from Spain and I just finished my four year grade in Industrial Design Engineering and Product Development and I’d like to study a master in Industrial Design or Product Design in London because I have the chance to go there and I am unhappy about what I (not) learned in my grade about designing for production process and materials. Furthermore, the professional situation regarding design in Spain isn’t any good and I’d like to take this chance to study in London and watch for practices or work regarding design there.

Other option I haven’t turned down is studying an MBA program that focus on design.

So, if anyone is updated about the masters situation in London or could recommend schools where I could apply it would be of much much help.

Thank you very much,
Fernando.