making movie files...

I’m looking for an application that can take all the frames I’ve rendered, string them togehter and create mpeg and avi files. I’m hoping there is a piece of shareware (or even better, freeware) out there that will do a good job. I’ve found that the cheap/free stuff often tends to be better than the namebrand stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
M

I have both After Effects and Premiere Pro from Adobe and they will do what you are talking about with ease. I’m not sure if you can find trial versions of them that will let you output the files you need and the learning curve, especially for After Effects can be pretty steep.

How many frames do you have and what output do you need? If you can zip and email the frames to me I’ll make them into a video that you can download from my webspace. I can create Mpeg, Mpeg-2 for DVD, AVI, Quicktime, Windows Media, etc.

Send me a private message and I’ll give you the contact info. Consider it a favor from the Core77 community.

Premiere Elements has most of the functionality of Premiere Pro (including reading numbered stills) and exports to MPEG, Quicktime and WMV formats.

$99.

Premiere Elements is great but very limited with export resolutions.

QuickTime Pro is a good, fast and cheap (USD29.99) solution for assembling images into a movie file with many different output codecs and settings available.

In what way? I export in all different formats on a daily basis from it with no issues (WMV,MPG,MOV and DivX AVIs). I also create custom export presets for 1.0 PAR widescreen video.

Unless this has changed in a newer version, in 1.0 only PAL or NTSC resolutions could be exported (depending on the version installed). At the time I tested it it couldn’t do let say 512x512 or 300x600 movie files.

It is still on version 1.0 and you can create your own custom output sizes.

I regularly export to 400x226 for Web distribution in both MOV and WMV.

http://www.chuckengels.com/PremierVideo/SergioD/dvd.wmv

What happened to the guy who posted the original question? I could have made him a full feature dvd by now.

It is still on version 1.0 and you can create your own custom output sizes.

I regularly export to 400x226 for Web distribution in both MOV and WMV.

http://www.chuckengels.com/PremierVideo/SergioD/dvd.wmv

But aren’t u limited to 4:3 or 16:9 resolutions?

No.

Not sure why you would want to do anything else though.

The full version of Apple Quicktime plyer will import a sequence of images and export several movie formats. I cost $25.

Sorry for the delay – been mostly out of town.

Thanks for all the responses. I don’t really have anything right now, but thanks for the offer mmjohns. ID is such a nice community!

Sounds like Quicktime would handle what I need. I’ll look into it.

Thanks again.

M