Love some input -- Who is the most interesting designer?

We’re putting together some Ideas for employment issues for CAD and Design pro’s, and the weekly blog is up at http://streetcad.blogspot.com. Any critique is a good critique.

Next week I’ll be starting an interview cycle with top designers and interesting characters from the CAD/Design world … any voices you’d love to hear from?

\

CADtalent.com will not increase your metabolism. Usually.

Enough with the CadTalent stuff already. Buy an add on Coroflot or start trolling your local ITT Tech.

We could do that … it would certainly be cheaper than our current strategy. But our belief from the begining has been that educated individuals, such as designers, are not going to simply respond to you because you are beaming info at them (the death of modern advertisment has been a topic of debate for us and many others).

So instead of beaming ads and such out we’ve come up with a different strategy. Be useful and attract market share with utility. We collect salary surveys, consider the statistical relevance of them, and make them available for free. We do research into issues facing designers and CAD guys/gals and publish them at no cost.

It’s true that we are making an effort to put our name out. Its also true that we have collected employment guru’s, designers, and professionals at various software packages, and are slinging their knowledge for free to do so. I assure you that employing professionals to be helpful is not cheap, but as a means of generating recognition, I think its preferable. For example, if there are people that want to see, say, the principal designer at Apple interviewed, then we make it happen. If there’s no interest for that kind of thing, then we wont …

“For example, if there are people that want to see, say, the principal designer at Apple interviewed, then we make it happen”

yeah right.