Looking for trendy design stores in Miami and Chicago

Can anyone recommend some trendy interior design stores in Miami and Chicago? Looking for surface coverings, showers, baths, lights, furniture, faucets, etc.

Thanks!

Chicago is easy, the River North area, everything is within a block or two.

Luminaire
Paper Source
WPA Chicago
Lumina Galleries
Douglas-Rosin Decorative Arts
Artemide
Florense Chicago
And of course, the Merchandise Mart

For dinner, in the same area, Frontera Grill if you get reservations in advance, Sunda is another good choice, Havana Grill is pretty good Cuban.

+1 for River North.

I loved walking past the WPA Chcicago displays on Superior Street. Next door to them is Fiandre, which has a lot of floor coverings and stone product for kitchen and bath. If you want to add in some pet related products, also on Superior Street is For Dog’s Sake. They have curated in nice selection of pet beds and furniture that is pretty trendy.

A few blocks away is a fun Craftsman display store. It is a little lifestyle boutique with a lot of interesting tool displays and garage-esque fixtures.

Don’t forget BoConcept! Find the Nearest Store - BoConcept
There’s also a Design Within Reach, I’m not the best with Chicago, but I believe it’s also river north area too.

Also, depending on when you’re coming into Chicago, merchandise mart will have a ton of stuff it normally doesn’t (neocon’s not too far away)

If you do happen to be in town during NeoCon, be sure to head over to Fulton Market for the Guerilla Truck show:

It might be your last chance to catch it with ongoing redevelopment of Fulton Market in Chicago’s West Loop. Next year the neighborhood is going to be crawling with Google and SRAM employees instead of forklifts and meat packing workers – there might not be anywhere for the trucks to park!

I love the concept of the Guerrilla truck show!

Thanks for the tips!

I hope it’s OK if I bump my own thread. Any other suggestions for stores in Chi town?

Check out Armitage Ave from Racine to Halsted. Then go north a bit on Halsted. Several trendy little shops along there. Get the baked goat cheese with marinara and garlic toast at Cafe Ba Ba Re Ba.

Of course there is the mag mile and if you have a stupid amount of money, Oak Street.

River North is by far the best area for galleries and designo stuff.

MCA is by far my favorite museum, just off of the mag mile. Nice gift shop.

Luminaire has locations in Coral Gables, Miami and Chicago.

Modern Man is leery of the term or category “trendy design”.