LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT DESIGNER POSITION IN EUROPE

HI EVERYONE,…PLEASE DO HEPL ME I’M LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT DESIGNER POSITION IN A REPUTED FIRM IN EUROPE CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME A GOOD FIRM TO ME AND ALSO PLEASE VIEW MY ONLINE PORTFOLIO AND FORWARD THE SAME TO ANY OF YOUR EMPLOYERS

www.coroflot.com/pradesign

You make it sounds very simple, i wish it is that simple. Smashing portofolio just not enough, if you do have one. Have you ever think about the Work Visa etc?. Its hard nowadays to find company that willing to sponsor that permit. The most thing that makes they wont even bother to hire international employee is:

• They need to demonstrate to local immigration why they choose international employee instead of local.
  • They also need to give evidences of application submited by local designer and again explain why they have not been choosen.
  • Not to mention other bunch of documentation that for some companies it can be very classified therefore wont give it away.

Dont mean to let your free spirit down mate, but that is the truth. I am an alien as well in Engand, and been strugling with this stuff for a while. The only European country that may be a bit soft is UK, specially if you are INDIAN, as UK has some working scheme specially crafted for commonwealth country. There are tons of your people here, im talking about tons as in TONS. My advice for you is:

• Learn about “Working Holiday Maker” work permit
  • Apply for one
  • Get inside
  • Get used to the god extremely unpredicted damn weather
  • Get your dream Industrial Designer job while you are in

Just my 2 cent, good luck and wish me luck too.
:wink:

Have you thought of a placement first to see if you like the company and the country you want to work in. This way you can give it a trial for a few months before you make any commitments. That way you might get away without the need for a visa straight away. I’m not sure of the length, time scales or what european countries need what, but i wish you well for the future.
:wink: