language annotations

ü à í è ó

Anyone familiar with the keystrokes required to make these annotations (for lack of the proper term) to letters?

Is it an “F” key combination?

LMO,

I discovered this recently, but I don’t know the answer to all of them

Hold down ALT
and press 0232 on the NUM keypad
that makes an è

Each letter requires its own 4 number code (probably can be searched on Google?)

ALT 2000 = ╨
ALT 2001 = ╤
ALT 0231 = ç

Wild, eh?

the ridiculous list

it’s a bitch trying to be multi-lingual… … ah, written… . :wink:
Diacriticals the accent marks used on some characters to denote a specific pronounciation. Rare in English, they are a common occurrence in French, German, Italian, Spanish, and other languages. Some of the more commonly seen diacriticals include acute, cedilla, circumflex, grave, tilde, and umlaut.

who’da thuinkit… wonder what the root of that word is?

If you’re a Windows user, you can pull up a chart of most (if not all) of these things:

Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

Thanks Nate!

That works! Cut & Paste is a bit awkward, but better than nothing.

edit-
Right after writing I found: http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/charmap.html

You’re quite welcome…I use that feature a lot.

Another way to save yourself some time and effort is to write down the keystroke shortcuts for any of the characters that you use a lot. Not all of them have shortcuts, but many do. The keystrokes exist in “Alt + 0176” format in the lower right of the of the window. You can use those in most composition programs including the Adobe suite. I’ve memorized the © and ® after using them so often.