kohler??

Has anyone else heard that Kohler’s designers are all quitting? Someone I know said that something crazy like 10 designers have left. Do you think they’re downsizing or there’s a bad situation going on there? Anyone??

I was thinking of applying there, but may hold off til I know the deal up there.

Feeble

kohler’s all over the place… constantly advertising for “contract” ProE personnel working through Manpower Tech in Milwaukee.

no loyalty to employees… at all. but total expectation that employees be loyal to the company. Rampant nepotism.

constantly…for at least the last 2 years if not more.

kohler is hard road to travel if you want to be a designer. Does anyoneelse have anything to say about that?

Got a call from them last year. They were only interested in contract work and I said “No thanks.”.

All I know that in the last few years their quality has gone down the drain so I would not be surprised that statements above were true.

I don’t think their quality has gone down. Does anyone know how many fulltime designers they have working for them?

gone down the ‘drain’ hahahaha funny!!!

20 designers taht’s pretty good, what level are they? Do they hire right out of school?

Sheesh a lot of Kohler bashing on here. Must be some bitter former employees on here.

I dont think anyone is getting bashed here. It is all things that have gone on there recently.

it would be awesome to be able to take a dump in something you designed

or pee all over it

Funny, that explains why there are posting for openings at Kohler every other month on Coroflot.

Yeah, that’s been going on for years. That’s a bad sign for many reasons, here’s a few:

They have a high turn-over rate, meaning they pay nothing, they have poor management, they burn out their employees, it’s a boring place to live, they use squeeze and drop tactics on their designers instead of feed and nurture…all bad things.

They post job openings as a tactic to show investors and customers that their company is doing well, they’re always hiring!

Like someone else said, it’s all contract work (idea squeezing)

Design theft under the guise of employment opportunity. I’ve been witness and victim of this tactic, basically companies or studios keep a running ad of job openings which basically opens up an endless stream of free ideas and designs from hopeful applicants, it’s legal, but unethical.

Maybe i’m way off base, but whatever the reason, constantly running ads like that is a bit fishy in my opinion.

much as been written about Kohler. here are the facts: going backward from Sept 2005, the ID dept has lost 18 people in 18 months. Design at Kohler has been totally dismantled. In a move that is very calculated, almost all new hires over the past two yrs have been foreign designers. It is a win-win…Kohler gets the designers for less than market value and the designers get to live in the states and get sponsored by Kohler. By the second yr the designers are miserable.

much as been written about Kohler. here are the facts: going backward from Sept 2005, the ID dept has lost 18 people in 18 months. Design at Kohler has been totally dismantled. In a move that is very calculated, almost all new hires over the past two yrs have been foreign designers. It is a win-win…Kohler gets the designers for less than market value and the designers get to live in the states and get sponsored by Kohler. By the second yr the designers are miserable.

Kohler just posted a position on coroflot:

"Kohler Company is an equal opportunity employer.

*International candidates must hold a valid US working visa to apply."

Fools.