KitchenAid???

So I bought My wife a KitchenAid for christmas and I know that it was designed by a famous Industrial Designer, but for the life of me I cannot remember who. I know this maybe a really trivial dumb question but it is bugging the hell out of me and I really want to be able to tell the story on christmas morning. Anyone have any thoughts or the answer to this bit of design trivia? Thanks in advance for the help.

The KitchenAid Stand Mixer was designed by Egmont Arens.
http://library.syr.edu/digital/guides/a/arens_e.htm#d0e140
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/04/06/industrial-humaneer/

• please do not call it “a KitchenAid” … it’s a KitchenAid Stand Mixer :slight_smile:

He also designed the original KitchenAid A9 coffee mill

Here’s a meat slicer he did for Hobart (KitchenAid’s original parent company).

Maybe that is why I could not find any info on the internet. Sorry for the wrong terminology. Thanks for the help.

and whatever you do, don’t call it a mixmaster.

this is a Mix Master (by Sunbeam)

R

“Happy Christmas darling! It’s a kitchen appliance! I know you’re going to like it, especially as it’s subject to my curatorial oversight…”

Call me brow-beaten and embittered, but if I gave my wife a food mixer for Christmas, regardless of who designed it, I’d be voted off the island.

Call me brow-beaten and embittered, but if I gave my wife a food mixer for Christmas, regardless of who designed it, I’d be voted off the island.

From last Christmas, but still a crackup.

Holy sh!t, that’s good! Hadn’t seen it!

Perfect. As a institutionalized Dog-Houser, where can I find help to overcome recidivist tendencies?

Yeah Yeah Yeah. I knew this was going to come up, but we are both big food people and love to cook and entertain. She has been asking for one for quite some time. I got her Jewelry as well so I guess that will make up for it.

I’m still in… In 1982, my wife bought a Karmann Ghia. It was her first car, and as a radio sales rep she drove the hell out of it. About every three weeks or so, I’d adjust the valves and change the oil (old vws had no oil filter).

So what did I give her for Xmas? Two cases of Castrol GTX 20W50 motor oil … . . two cases… . Ou-oooooooooooo