Karabo: The rebirth of the Posite

Hi everybody, here is a design i came up with for the “Rebirth” of the Flightposite. I did not name it yet, but this shoe has the DNA of the flightposite.Maybe i will call it the “DNAposite”?? :smiley:. I hope you will like it and give me some critics on it. I designed the shoe keeping in mind that the foot has to breathe somehow, that’s why i made an opening above the ankle area. Also i add some perfs next to the tongue on the black glove cover. Then, for more support i chose to design the line in a way that the foot will feel more secure and balanced.

Karabo

Hi flight,

I like ur flightposite concept.
You can add few perforations along / within those flowing lines…this will take care of breathing. :bulb:

good work.

ADD

Hi flight,

I like ur flightposite concept.
You can add few perforations along / within those flowing lines…this will take care of breathing. :bulb:

good work.

ADD

Nice concept and great renderings. Maybe im missing something but whats up with the flys on the pic? Takes away from the clean visual a bit.

The flow of the lines is generally pretty fluid, but seems to be a bit strange. The lines are neither parallel or converging/diverging. Perhaps its the perspective, but throws off some of the flow a bit for me. Maybe just reworking the lines, or trying them on a tape-up model will help. Small things, but can change the overall impact a lot.

As well, for something as simple and clean as this, would be nice to see a toe down view. Ive done similar shoes like this before, and one thing I’ve found is the difficulty in getting the side view to coincide with the top when you are managing the lines and vamp shapes. If you do a tape-up you’ll see what i mean.

Overall, nice work again. You certainly got the rendering skills down pat.

R

There is the clean version(no flies)

It’s just a concept and i wanted to do something that will bring nostalgia.

so why all the flies???

also, your signature on the quarter is a little odd too, id suggest you remove or place down below…

R

Karabo: Your rendering is mint. I like the concept but agree about reworking the lines to make them flow better with some purpose. It might be cool to have some subtle spaces through the lines with some mesh peaking out to add a breathability story to your shoe. Just a sugestion. Would also like to see you develop some other views of the shoe and focus on some details…good work!

Thanks, i will work on the lines and will do different views and post it tonight. I agree, i need to really work on these lines and make them flow better. :wink:

VD23: are you tony Hardman? Man your work is amazing!! you are really good.

flight: Yeah, how did you figure that one out???

Thanks for the kind words man, you have been doing some great stuff lately. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

VD23: There is your name on kicksguide and some of your work as well. What i like the most about your work is that you touch everysingle details, your presentation show every single thing, the sole, the back, the front everything and those are the views that i should say are the most hard to draw. Again you are really, really good no doubt. :smiley: i will try to do that to :wink:
How long it takes you to finish a design and presentation like the “Puma spyder” you posted ?

Here is the retouched lines and shape of the foamposite. I kept it simple and more fluid without loosing the posite DNA. Please let me know what you think? thanks

Karabo

Karabo, very nice lateral, beautiful rendering.

A few things I would love to see you work on…

1> Think through the design more 360, what do the other views look like, work the design through all views at the same time to ensure it looks holistic in every view.

2> I’d like to see you explore some functional concepts, fit adjustment, flexibility, stability, heel support…