Kabota "Dream Tractor" concept

First of all, the fact that “concept tractors” are a thing is kind of awesome. But I’m wondering why does this thing look so angry!? I much prefer the historical example.

Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter, “Kubota”) demonstrated a concept tractor “X tractor - cross tractor - ” at a new product exhibition held in Kyoto City on January 15-16, 2020.
Half century after exhibiting its first-ever concept tractor at the Japan World Exposition held in Osaka in 1970 (Expo ’70), Kubota unveiled “X tractor - cross tractor -” to commemorate the 130th anniversary of its founding. Equipped with artificial intelligence (AI) and electrification technology, this “dream tractor” is a completely autonomous tractor that represents the future of farming drawn by Kubota. Kubota will continue developing products to realize smart agriculture with cutting-edge technology to address the challenges facing Japanese farmers.

All the details:

https://www.kubota.com/news/2020/20200115_1.html
20200115_2.png

It looks straight out of Gran Turismo Farm Edition. I like the old concept too! Wow! However, it looks like it could make it in production as Smarts first cross-over.

As the great-great-grandson, great-grandson, grandson, and son-in-law of farmers. Tractors hold a pretty soft place in my heart. I had more John Deere tractor toys as a kid than hot wheels cars at one point. I love a good concept, and I love a lot of the new tractor tech out there in current models. Some of my friends work for John Deere as engineers working on the future of tractors and other farm implements. However, this recent article struck a chord with me: Farmers Are Buying 40-Year-Old Tractors Because They're Actually Repairable

Related to this Kubota, they’re just following the leader:

I’m sure when tractors are autonomous, they’ll all look like this angry Kubota (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing). And if they’re designed to be driven by robots, and repaired by robots, they’ll be great!

I also drew up a tractor concept some 10 years ago because I wasn’t seeing a lot of innovation in that area and wanted to explore some options as a side study.

Funny how I imagined this electric transformable concept to be a reality in 5 years from now back then.

Woah that is so nice. Can I borrow these photos? I promise i’ll give credit