just stupid or . . . unforgivable!

hello to all!

I was just dredging my lower mind when I came accross this question, and I thought I’d share. Maybe this has been brought up before, and with Core being such a professionally oriented board I do wonder what response my query may generate.

Basically, whats the stupidest thing you’ve done ? (or that you’re prepared to admit to at least…) . . .and how do you now view it?

For me what came to mind was the time (on holiday around 10yrs ago) when I presumed I was on a dual carriageway , and blindly overtook a truck with 0% awareness that it was a single carriageway . . my whole being still shudders everytime I recall the event, mainly I think because I was casually chatting to my girlfriend at the time.

I do hope I can forgive myself one day!

\

When I was 6 or 7 I closed the garage door on my parents Jeep and partially crushed the roof. I was trying to figure out how to take apart the door remote and accidentally pressed the button.

When I was in highschool my brother came home from college for a surprise visit. I wasn’t expecting his BMW to be in the driveway, so I backed out in our Xterra, without looking, and decimated the thing. I suppose its good that that is the closest I’ve been to a real car accident, knock on wood.

I like to think that since I’m a bit older I do fewer stupid things…

Definitely both my car accidents were stupid (age 16 and 19). Getting the most drunk in my life at an exes party. Trying to skateboard and landing on my face (I should have known better).

Nothing too bad, just embarassing. As Pooh says, “no bother”.

Purdue University, McCutcheon Hall Men’s Dorm, 1969.
Saturday Morning, 10:00 a.m. (prior to the beginning of football pre-game festivities)

The scene: sitting at my desk in our rather small dorm room, making small-talk with my roommate’s girlfriend and her parents, who had unexpectedly just arrived, and had come up from the lobby; they were an hour early.

Suddenly my roommate bursts through the door into the room from the shower (down the hall), buck naked, his towel over his head (obscuring his eyes), all the while making loud “machine gun” noises - uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh - while gunning us down with his, ummm… . … “member” in his hand, and then turned away toward his closet.

Not three seconds later, towel now on the floor, laughing his ass off, he turns around to find Ma, Pa, and the young lady seated on his bed.

Just stupid … or unforgivable? Must have been forgivable, they were married the following summer.