just sketchin'

hEY jb…NICE MAN…that looks similar to what I want to do with my “Sport Boot”…I wish I had sketches scanned already so I could show you…maybe tonight…

Hey, is that on the back of an expense report?! :open_mouth:

Hey Yo…can you post a pic of the shoe you mention here…

hahaha, i think everyone has done at least one! why was it dropped? i can only imagine the crazy stuff y’all come up with…

hEY jb…NICE MAN…that looks similar to what I want to do with my “Sport Boot”…I wish I had sketches scanned already so I could show you…maybe tonight…

do it…you get some helpful advice from the good folks here…

a racing flat

Hey, is that on the back of an expense report?! Shocked

nah, no expense reports for me…

not feeling this one but ehh…

some compiled loosies from the past week…

good sketching…nice ideation page and looks like you are thinking about some construction things.

as i scanned this in; the swoosh implored me to make it bigger…never can go wrong with that old school swoosh…

nice sketch…looks like a pretty dramatic proportion…reminds me of the Kamikaze for some reason…think its the zig zag feel and tall stance.

kamikaze, was that the joint shawn kemp wore or one of the 1st shaq’s?

Kemp’s.

junglebrodda (ade right?)

man…i love your sketching style. i have been on the lookout for stuff from you for a year or so now…eh…since last summer when i really got into design.

i have seen your turntables on coroflot. do you have any other non sneaker work. i would love to see how you use your style for other projects.

hot stuff man.

i hope to add to this post…or make a new one. it would be cool to have a bunch of people just sketchin’ and posting stuff everyday.

take it easy. keep posting.

david

JB_

Sweet sketch dude… not seeing the similarities to the Kemps other than some angular lines. I doubt you could find a shoe on the market that didn’t remind someone of some other shoe made over the last 5 thousand years…

Sweet sketch dude… not seeing the similarities to the Kemps other than some angular lines. I doubt you could find a shoe on the market that didn’t remind someone of some other shoe made over the last 5 thousand years…

that some real talk… i get caught up with comparing designs to each other esp. in shoes.

i cannot see an explicit similarities between them but the tall stance is kinda reminiscent of it; that sneaker is a classic (what happened to reebok!!!) imo so any simularity seen is cool with me…

do you have any other non sneaker work

you mean there are other things besides sneakers…

dusted off the wacom pen for this one…

Great Job, JB, it looks like you’re getting very comfortable with your sketching I like it … a lot looser and more confident. I can’t seem to find time to post mine…maybe tonight. hopefully.

how long does a ps like that take you. about an hour give or take?

thanks man.
david

excuses, excuses…just jokes, it can be difficult to find/make time to do stuff because life is always happening; but the good thing about doing sketches is it does not have to be time consuming…it is “done” whenever you decide it is done

how long does a ps like that take you. about an hour give or take?

i used alias sketchbook, and it took a lil’ under an hour…though i was probably “done” somewhere around the 20 min mark, i probably spent the next 20 or minutes squinting and nudging things to no discernible result…

from tonight:

Ade,

You got some really nice stuff in here man! Glad to see you still grinding away at it. I see MUCH improvement!!! Keep it coming!

-TH