Just KILL me.. . .. !

With all of the ridiculous features that modern automobiles are encumbered with; why doesn’t the brake light circuit override the ignition circuit?

If I have to follow another moron driving with one foot on the accelerator, and the other on the brake pedal I will go stark raving insane!!! Driving with the brakes on should automatically kill the engine.

At the very least a computerized drill sergeant’s voice should be screaming TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF OF THE BRAKE MAGGOT!! TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF OF THE BRAKE MAGGOT!! TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF OF THE BRAKE MAGGOT!!

end… … …

Ever since my accident in 1998, I get so nervous behind those guys. I’m always scared they are coming to a complete halt!

Luckily, that generation of drivers is almost off the road. I bet brake pad manufacturers will be sad to see them go…

Yeah, I feel your pain. I also hate being passed on the right, or being forced to pass on the right. Moron cruising in the left lane, or three + lane road and someone whizzes past on the right but the left lane is totally open.

There is a particular driving technique called left foot braking used by several rally and GT drivers. Not an everyday technique but still rather useful for car control even on the roads.

I suspect that brake dragging is indicative of an operator who is either terrified of the vehicle s/he is driving and the freeway (constantly at the ready to slam on the brakes in the event of an imminent collision … which is highly probable considering the high percentage of these same drivers who tailgate), or simply not paying attention to activity at hand.

Fortunately our 2nd Amendment Rights are still in effect … for now anyway.

Neat trick I discovered: while tailgating people can’t tell the difference between your brake lights and a quick flash of your rear fogs. Especially if your car is like mine and came wired for two rear fogs; add a bulb to the right side and BAM. Works wonders whenever I’m in the NY/NJ area :smiling_imp:

When you’re wired for each rear fog individually it’s even more effective/satisfying.

When someone tailgates me, I take my foot off the gas and start coasting, or just gradually go slower and slower until they figure out that if they want to go so fast, go around. But don’t try to drive my car for me from your car.

If you ever visit Minneapolis/St Paul, like for the conference next week, be sure to watch for people pretty much stopping on the freeway to let people come on from an on-ramp, it’s mind boggling. And if you see a black jetta come flying up behind you in the left lane of mn100 halfway onto the shoulder, wave to me, and then get out of the way.

I’m tired of the Bastards who don’t know how to use the Left lane!! I shouldn’t have to Pass you on the right Douche-bag!! I’m trying to change the world by scaring the Sh!t out of one idiot at a time, but it’s a very slow proccess… :cry:

And the rear fog light when there is no rain or fog also irritates me, but most of those idiots don’t even know they have a rear fog light, it’s sad.

That’s to watch for. lol

Will go to Minneapolis one of these days to check the scene out. :slight_smile:

And another thing! I have spoken of this in the past, so this will be the last I will say on the matter … unless it isn’t (nothing in life is certain).

Judging by the large number of drivers I see driving with their landing lights on, many are not aware that there is a switch on the column, or down on the floor, that will TURN THESE F*K’N THINGS OFF!

We’ve all experienced the oncoming driver with the full array scorching the back of our retinas, or burning the paint off of the rear of our car. Much like operating a semi tractor trailer with air-brakes, double trailers, or a tank trailer, there should endorsement required to operate these devices on a vehicle.

An endorsement would provide that the operator was properly trained and is aware of how to politely use these things, with the net effect of eliminating any defensible excuse for not doing so, thereby, legitimizing the practice of following the offending driver to their destination and beating the ever livin’ cr*p out of them.

You should all try driving in Vancouver. I think your heads would explode :wink:

I know… … let’s retroactively try, convict, and hang all the designers and managers that spec’d these things… . .

I think the amount of accidents and road rage could easily be reduced if these passing protocols were first accepted and then followed - pass on left if you are faster, move to right if you are slower (i.e. see oncoming cars in rear view). To some extent even, I think most drivers are expecting other drivers to not even follow these protocol. It would be so nice to have higher speed limits (100+mph or even no limit) on the freeways, but under these circumstances where passing protocol is not clearly understood by both parties, it isn’t going to happen.

Human drivers make so many mistakes, we’re actually terrible at knowing whats best for us on the road.

Makes me raise an eyebrow to Volvo’s new “city safety” features in their practically-self-driving XC60.

It would be so nice to have higher speed limits (100+mph or even no limit) on the freeways, but under these circumstances where passing protocol is not clearly understood by both parties, it isn’t going to happen.

I tend to agree Eddison.

I picked up a chunk of hardware down at the Army-Navy surplus store this afternoon. Going to try to adapt it to the wife’s CLK this weekend… . . it may help out with the “understanding” part… … :sunglasses:

Vancouver here we come!

relax. road rage isn’t worth it.

take a performance driving class or two. it will open your eyes to how badly YOU drive and how to anticipate the unexpected on the streets. it will also help you be better prepared for surprises.

for the bright ‘jesus’ lights, it’s better to let them by or flip your rearview mirror to dim them out. retalliation can lead to hurting someone else.

take a performance driving class or two. it will open your eyes to how badly YOU drive

Been there (they didn’t have a t-shirt back then): Skip Barber / 1976-77 (?) / Indianapolis Raceway Park

But seriously … … :wink:

Tongue in cheek; adj. 1. Meant or expressed ironically or facetiously. 2. In an ironic manner, not meant to be taken seriously.

Origin: This phrase to the facial expression created by putting one’s tongue in one’s cheek. This induces a wink, which has long been an indication that what is being said is to be taken with a pinch of salt. It may have been used to suppress laughter. ‘Tongue in cheek’ is the antithesis of the later phrase - ‘with a straight face’.