Jordan M5

Some of you may be familar with my work, but this is my first design to be posted on Core
This is the latest shoe I was working on, the next in line for Melo. It lacks
some personal details, but what I wanted to do was create a shoe from what I have been told Melo likes in the past. A very clean shoe, with ankle support. Assuming
the Air Jordan signature series stops, I put more technology in this shoe. With
max air in the heel, and the IPS in the forefoot. I knew on the M3 it
concentrated on the forefoot, so I put a visible window there so you could see
the IPS, and on the sole the IPS is partially visible and partially covered. Now
with the ankle I have a mored advanced system like the XVI low. When playing the
ankle is up and closed by a small button. The material will be the same as an
ankle sleeve. Now if the player wants less ankle support, or wants to wear the
shoe on the street, the ankle can be folded down, and then re-fastened. Also you
see rows at the forefoot, and on the inner of the ankle sleeve( when folded
down) which is supposed to tie in with melo’s “rows” as in his hair. The
forefoot rows also help the shoe flex.
*Edit- Pics are a few posts lower thanks to AK

Here is the rest…
EditScroll down

I get this error message when I click on an image…

The image “http://boards.core77.com//files/m5hand_193.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

:confused:

Here you go arrf:

Wow thanks a lot Ben…Your doing everything around here hah…

I know I have to earn my spot here…but any comments at all??..

Not bad_

I like how you are exploring a lot of color ways and blocking options. this is something a lot of designers don’t put much effort into when starting out and is a key element to a successfull design. I like the idea of the slightly visible IPS.

based on your initial sketches, i feel like you came to this solution pretty quickly and did not explore too far away from where Brand jordan is now. Also, watch your proportions on your outsole view, The arch is very far forward and the heel is a bit long and wide.

fill us in a little about yourself as well, it will help with the comments…

Thanks yo…
I have been having a problem with outsole shapes…so for this I even used a guidline to trace…but I guess it still came out wrong somehow haha…

For those not familiar with me…
I have been in love with shoes/design since I can remember…and Have been posting on NT for years, and have watched this board but obviously never posted…
I have completed my first year at Wentworth, which is in Boston…I am studying I.D…
This has been my one dream forever, and just want to keep improving anyway I can…The love also gets stronger and stronger everyday and I know it will not burn out…
I look forward to posting more designs and learning from here in the future…
Thanks…