I've written a book...and I need first readers

I know several of you on here already know that I’ve been working on a book for the past 2 years. It took me far longer than I hoped, but from what everyone tells me, two years is a reasonable time frame, especially with the first book that gets written in one’s spare time.

I’m now looking for people that might be interested in reading it in its first draft state. Meaning, spelling and grammar errors, along with likely continuity errors. I’m looking for independent readers that will be critical, yet constructive. Looking for continuity errors and/or plot holes, etc.

PM me if you’re interested. I will be setting up a Google Doc where you and others will be able to make comments in the near future.

Here’s what it’s about:

“Soon” is a post-apocalyptic fiction novel that plays out in the near future shortly after a virus sweeps the planet, killing everyone over the age of 14. The book is set in a small town in Western Canada that is one of the last regions that the Santiago Virus visits. Adults are still alive, but hiding in fear. Children are abandoned and trying to figure out how to survive this new world.

Aggie Stricter helplessly watched her parents die a gruesome and painful death before she became consumed by her fear and grief. Paralyzed, she hid in a storage closet behind a mirror in her downstairs bathroom. She surrounded herself with everything familiar and pretended nothing was wrong while daydreaming about her friends avoiding the inevitable future ahead.

“Soon” starts with Aggie’s first steps out into a world redefined by a virus more heartless than ebola. She sets out to find her best friend, Hicram Ohr, and quickly finds out that the world has a new rulebook, and an asshole from her school wearing a Chicago Cubs hat is the one penning the new rules.

Sounds nice. I’ve been thinking about writing out one of my ideas for a fiction novel as well.

Pass me the link and I’ll make sure to do a proofread as soon as I find time, or at least some chapters. Looking forward to it.

PMed you!

I’m locking down this link for now until the first edit is done. So, please drop me your email in a dm. Happy to send you the link once it is set up.