Is solidworks a must? What about Sketchbook Pro?

With summer coming up and internship possibilities, will my chances of getting the internship be reduced if I have no knowledge when it comes to 3D modeling programs or Alias Sketchbook pro?

Sketchbook Pro is the most basic painting program there is. Learning it is just a matter of having a tablet PC to use with it (if you’re using a regular tablet it doesn’t offer much of a benefit over Photoshop or Painter).

In the footwear industry I don’t think not knowing CAD software will kill you, but I think it’s a worthwhile skill to have because it’s a way of showing developing ideas in 3D. If you really wanted you could easily learn the basics in something like Solidworks or Rhino in with a few months with a few hours of dedication a night and some good tutorials.

i would not worry about knowing any specific program for footwear…i would recommend learning a 3d program for your own sake though, it just gives you another level of understanding

i would not worry about knowing any specific program for footwear…i would recommend learning a 3d program for your own sake though, it just gives you another level of understanding