is it to late

hello i am new to this forum. my fist question is. is it to late i am 29 and i have been in and out of school for to long. i have change my major like 4 times but i really feel i want ID to be my goal now is it to late to head back to school and start a design program. i going to to have to start all over. like funny i thought i be done with this part of my life but life happens people get sick and some times you have to think of other people. i took time off to take care of my dad. who past away 5 years ago and now i want to start over so do you think its to late of me i will be 30 in a month and its freaking me out. sorry if i repeated my self and the spellings off i am dyslexic. thank you.

It’s never too late.

you’re actually just in time, the cut off for designers is 30, whew that was close!

Good luck!

I went back to school for ID in my 30’s. It’s not too late if that’s what you really want to do.

I agree with the other posts. If you have a definite passion for design and and can alloocate the time and effort it takes to go through school, than do it.
You may find it difficult to live the whole college/university experience becuse of your age, but I found that my design schoolwork, being involved in the design department, and internships ate up my time anyway so I missed out on a lot of “keggers” and debuchary anyway. shucks. The friends that I have retained since college are mostly designers who I fought in the trenches with as students.

Good luck!

REALITY CHECK…Ok kid here is the skinny, you will be coming out with your freshly minted degree and your kissing 30, now thats not bad, but you need to remember most places hire younguns. They higher younguns for a number of reasons.

1. cheap
  2. passion/vision
  3. cheap

there are hordes of them too, so you have to make hay in a hurry.

It’s not too late, but it won’t be easy, almost impossible if you have no fundamental talents that relate to the field, such as drawing/painting, mechanical aptitude, skill creating, making, building things. All important stuff to consider. before jumping in, especially at your age.

Right now is the perfect time for you to go back to school if thats what you want to do! :smiley:

Pick up the book “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz (http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Thinking-Big-David-Schwartz/dp/0671646788/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223957421&sr=8-1)

A bit dated and a bit on the “self-help” side of things…but basically, it is never too late.

If its something you really want, can afford it, have no family responibilities to concern you (that means NONE, as in kids, wife, parents) then go for it. In stead of reading some lame self help book go rent that old rodney dangerfield movie about him going to collage with his kid…and live it to the max. If you enjoy your courses, great if not, find some you do.