I’m wondering if it is possible to define a method for “innovation design”.
Imagine you have to design a new service for a company. How do you proceed?
My idea is that we have:
- to analyse the company. It means to study their brand, mission, what kinds of services they already offer etc. To have a detailed idea of the company identity;
- to analyze the scenario. It means to do research about the company competitors, to study the market in detail, by discussing with professionals, reading documentation etc. To have a clear picture of the context;
- to produce ideas. It means brainstorming sessions and ideas generation useful to have many possible outputs.
- to select the produced ideas, according to the scenario and to a quick feasibility study. It is important to choose innovative and powerful ideas that can also be concrete.
- to transform the ideas into projects. It means to explore all the issues related to the chosen idea and to create a “feasibility plan”, useful to transform the idea in a concrete and articulated project for a new service.
In this process it’s very important to share the information and to discuss with people, in order to get feedback and suggestions.
What do you think of this “method”? Do you have possible alternatives? Any reference about “innovation design” methodology?