is 2 + years too long?

Hi,

I am recently new to this site and thought it would be a good place to get some career advice. I have a BFA with sewing/patterning experience which is how I got hired as a bag designer for the last 2 + years. I am starting to feel extremely anxious like it has been too long. I even have people I indirectly work with telling me I should really be moving on. I tend to agree and have been applying to jobs without success and am now wondering, what’s next…more school, stay put, or keep looking for something that will be a better fit. I don’t really think of myself as an ID person, and without a formal ID degree feel like I am at a disadvantage.

Any comments on how you found your career path along with specific advice would be great, thanks.

Set yourself up as a sample shop if you still like the general field. There are a lot of designers that do soft goods such as myself that have lots of trouble finding good/convenient/affordable sample-makers when they need one.

Begin with the end in mind. Never mind what training you have, or the opportunities right in front of you.

What do you want to do?
From there you can get input on what you might need to do to get to that.