international internship

has anyone on here from the US done one overseas and if so please elaborate. i am looking to all avenues at the moment, but to hear of first hand experience is welcome.

Since I am an international student in the States, I can report on the other way around, non-American interns in New York.

The star designer in one studio I interned with last summer loved international intern (which he didn’t pay) because they already made a commitment to come to New York which made it waaaay easier for him to exploit them.

The moral of the story, be sure where and with whom you are working. Don’t let them take advantage of you just because you are in an unfamiliar environment.

The star designer in one studio I interned with last summer loved international intern (which he didn’t pay) because they already made a commitment to come to New York which made it waaaay easier for him to exploit them.

I’ll bet ten Kones I can guess who.

I am familiar with a few foreign interships that some University of Cincinnati kids got. One got one in Japan to design toys. One lucky kid in digital design went to China and help design the special effects and graphics for the olympics. These are not the only foreign internship too. They are just the ones that I heard of.

Hey Bepster, I’m really interested in doing an internship in the US, Bay Area or Los Angeles, I live in London right now. How does it work in terms of visas for European Union citizens? Do the companies help you take care of the paperwork?
It would be great to hear from you about this.
Thanks!