Industry Standard - Rendering

What software package(s) do you use to create 3D renderings?

• Alias StudioTools
  • Maya
  • 3DS MAX/VIZ
  • Brazil
  • Flamingo
  • Render directly in Pro/E or SolidWorks
  • VRay
  • Rhino (not Flamingo)
  • Softimage XSI

0 voters

I think it would be interesting to see what packages people are using to create 3D renderings. I’m really not trying to start a debate on which software is better, but I’m curious to see if there is any sort of industry standard for rendering in industrial design. I’ll try to list all of the major packages as options…

Alias, but I just graduated. So I don’t use it anymore!

")

mothy

I wonder if the preferences change depending on the product category…perhaps people should list what they are designing as well. I’m mostly doing consumer electronics of some kind, often times injection molded plastic stuff, and Alias is my weapon of choice.

143 views and only 14 votes?

What about Alias Imagestudio?? I’ll do the surface modeling in Alias StudioTools and then bring it over to IS. Saves loads of time and still creates better renderings then stuff you could pull out of ST

What about Alias Imagestudio?? I’ll do the surface modeling in Alias StudioTools and then bring it over to IS. Saves loads of time and still creates better renderings then stuff you could pull out of ST

I realized shortly after creating the poll that I had neglected to include ImageStudio. I tried to go back and add it, but once I started the poll, I couldn’t edit it anymore.

So in addition to the above results, +1 for ImageStudio.