Industrial Design Snapshot

Please let me know what you think of my portfolio. Is there any type of work you think is missing, or would like to see?

Thanks,

Ash.

Hi,

I have just updated my folio, do have a look and let me know what you think.

Cheers,

ash.

your work is nice…I just didn see which country were you from or in which countries you studied…I only see paris in one…but not more…then…it would be nice just to press a project and make it appear without going though them all…and maybe explain a little bit of the projects which are hard to understand just by looking…like the last one…but the projects and the presentations look cool…keep on… :smiley:

Very nice, slick, easy to use, great portfolio too.

Perhaps a little more explaination of the ideas. but that can be done in interviews.

nice portfolio…first one where i didnt have to think on where to click to go to the next page…

nice work …your work definitely leans towards innovation…the first car project is great…

here is a suggestion… pages of your portfolio with sketches look bland… you can add some text or colour to it …

Edit

Hi,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. That is really helpful. It will take me about a week to get it all updated, but you have given me some really good ideas.

Thanks again,

ash.

P.s. I am from Manchester in England, but studied in Newcastle. [that should go in the resumé too!]

I have just updated my site to make it a little more usable. I have a new description button, but I could not bring myself to add ‘callouts’, partly because I am not really sure what they are and secondly, if they are what I think they are, I would prefer to keep it cleaner.

Thanks again,

Ash.

Great work. You are showing off an array of sketching, thinking, and modelling skills on a wide variety of projects.

My only points would be that the navigations seems a little purposely essoteric, trying a bit to be clever. Remember recruiters might be looking at this, I would make it more clear. I know in actuallity it is quite clean and simple, a simple advance key with the box advancing along the bottom, but it is just different enough to be difficult to a non design person.

Also It might be nice to show more sketching on some of the projects like the Dyson. The only project that shows a lot of sketching is the city car.

Again, great stuff, thanks for sharing.

Edit

As Bryce Ludwig said ‘call outs’ are used for making things clean.
Your portfolio is cool, but i think you should add some callouts to let one reach the point that you have intended to show.Make it more informative.Once one my friend gave me link where one could find such proggy that allows to create and add call outs, but saying the truth i did not use them.But if you wish you can.Here is the link:http://www.presentavid.com/

I like how clean and direct the navigation is unlike many other online portfolios.

I just think that you need a more elaborate problem statement in the beginning of each projects. I know there is a brief title on top of each page, but for most of the projects, I probably only got 5% of the story that you want to tell simply because I don’t fully understand the context that your projects are based on. A short paragraph of 3 or 4 lines will be great for me.

For example, your Car for Paris should be one of the more intriguing projects. The sketches don’t tell me much at all, so I would like to know more about the problem that you are trying to solve. Not much info on that as well. Therefore I didn’t get much out of looking through the pages.

Really nice. I love your sketching style. I would make sure you include more of your process sketching and a discussion of how you work, not just the final renderings.