Industrial Design Companies List

Which ones are the companies that industrial designers would normally like to work for?

I’m currently a student at DAAP and we’re not allowed to release the list of companies, all i can basically say is that they spread from coast to coast in almost every facet of the field.

Sorry, it’s confidential according to our administration

Righto Matches, we are legally bound to not release it. I’m also a DAAP student with Matches. And hilariously enough, if a non DAAP student has possession of one, they can have legal action taken upon them! So its in your best interest to not go asking people.

A sampling of this kind of info is readily available via Coroflot. If you’re interested in getting an idea of the kinds of companies DAAP students work for, search the portfolios and select UC as one of the search critieria…I’m sure you’ll get a lot of pages that list out their work experience.

Very true Nate, coroflot can help with some of the older students but if you’re looking for more recent jobs since the list is ever expanding and contracting , so really even the students don’t know a complete list till it’s time to apply.

Lopezac are you currently looking into applying to become a student at UC? if so and you get accepted into the program let us know and we can point you in the right direction of the people to talk to once you are a student here.

Confidential list??? sounds retarded to me.

I graduated from Cincy 2 years ago… I interned the at the following places:

Rockwell Group
Nike
Design Continuum
Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Lexmark

For the last two years I have been at IDEO.

I know friends and classmates that interned at the following places:

Hasbro
Fischer Price
Smart Design
Eleven
Essential
New Balance
Puma
Insight Product Development
Beyond Design
HLB
Stuart Karten
KSwiss
HP
Dell
Adidas
Ziba
Astro
GM
Chrysler
Ford
Mitsubishi
Honda
Fitch
Priority Designs
Sea Ray
Frog Design
IDEO
Proctor and Gamble
Orange 22
Teague
BMW Designworks USA
Lunar

The list goes on and on, but this should satisfy you for now.

“Confidential, secret lists”… come on… that’s lame as hell. For the record, UC doesn’t have the market cornered on great internships. Every other school in the world has placed kids with all of these companies.

“Confidential, secret lists”… come on… that’s lame as hell. For the record, UC doesn’t have the market cornered on great internships. Every other school in the world has placed kids with all of these companies.

Yep.

Do they get a secret decoder ring as well?

Actually we do get decoder rings, they are quite fashionable…

All I’m saying in defense of myself and Matches is that in our class the words were used by the advisor: “Its not in your best interest to share the list with anyone, not to mention all the legality stuff if you do…”

Look laugh if you want, there is no rule against just telling people, go right ahead. I’m guessing it pertains to like the entire hard copy list with all the info etc. Frankly, it is hilarious that a list is being held at all, you can practically guess the names of the companies on there anyway. But the truth of the matter is even if you have the list you can’t use the relationship DAAP already has with those companies as weight. Plus, with good enough work you don’t need a list. It all comes down to the work you do as an individual. If a DAAP student sucks they aren’t just gonna get the coop because of where they came from. And the even more obvious truth is like daaphearthrob said, “Every other school in the world has placed kids with all of these companies.” There’s no special code on the lists that gets a student in, its the work they do.