In the details...

If god is in the details and we create the details. Does that mean we created god, are god, or some other existential answer?

I just know that when man plans … God laughs.

Planning is our most frequent defense against the unknown future…with a plan we seek to control outcomes, to eliminate change, to eliminate the random and the wild…Preparing is different. In preparing we always expect diversity of outcomes. In preparing we enlarge the future in our imaginations…we seek to make ourselves ready for it

There are few things that I take away from the Bible as literal, but that whole thing about God creating us in his likeness, well, I think too many people get caught up in the literal aesthetic meaning of this. Christianity views God as the creator, and, as a designer or “creative” I interpret being in God’s likeness as being a creator, imaginer, or implementer.

We don’t create the details, there are details of the universes so far from our comprehension that it is ridiculous to suggest that we can dial them in, though we try, and maybe that is how we try to be close to Godliness. If there’s anything that I’ve learned it’s that all things have a connection, and this is a useful realization for a designer to understand, comprehend, and ultimately try to implement in their work. All things being connected denotes a system, and a system so complex as existence, I believe, gives credence to the existence of something greater out there than what we try to label as a supreme “being”. Nonetheless something kicked it off.

We created God as is known in organized religion, but that realization is old fashioned and usually out of touch with modern discovery.

The revelation of God is in the details. Creating those details reveals God (or source, or truth, or enlightenment - pick your own term) to us, thru us, to others.

:unamused:

And new Philosophy calls all in doubt, the element of fire is quite put out; the Sun is lost, and the earth, and no mans wit can well direct him where to look for it.

Love that answer!

Thank you all! I appreciate all your answers.