In-house Design NC

Does any of you guys know to find out what corporations have in-house creative teams? I currently work for a large company as a designer, and they are relocating. I am not going with them because I love North Carolina. I am in the Greensboro Winston-Salem area and cannot figure out who doesn’t out source design work.

Thanks.

There are a lot of opportunities in the RDU area (IBM to name one.) The Triad has less to offer. There is a kayak company, but they are moving to SC. I’m not sure if Volvo does any design work here. There are a bunch of design firms, including Insight in the RDU area too. Just look at IDSA and do a member search if you are a member as well. I agree…NC is a nice, nice area, which is why it is growing. There are a lot of opportunities in furniture design in the area.

Davis Furniture in High Point.

Yeah,
I work for the Kayak company. Killer job, but I’m not leaving NC.

Thanks for the help.

Sony-Ericsson has a design studio in NC, don’t they?

Volvo Trucks North America is in Greensboro.

A division of Rubbermaid is there as well… Irwin Tools.
They’re located in Huntersville and have contacted me several times in the past few months. They’re looking to hire someone for about 45K-50K. Not enough for me to relocate!
Look them up.

Whoa, I work for the kayak company…the one moving, right? You are an industrial designer? There is only one other industrial here besides me and he doesn’t even live here. Who are you, King Tut?

If you want to figure out who I am, I destroyed my mazda6 (hence the name) earlier in the year.

But seriously, if you are looking for some other places, we should discuss this because I’ve been in touch with a few (but I’m going with the company now.)

\

Yeah,
I work for the Kayak company. Killer job, but I’m not leaving NC.

Thanks for the help.[/quote]