i'm stuck on somthing!!!

my design studio assignment is due on nxt wedesday… bt havn done much work… i didnt realise i had dat much time…so i was try to concentrate at my assignment but its not working, actually it not first time im doing like this … i always do… but i hate that i want to change…how can i do?? that hobbit wan’t really matter when i was high school bt now no… guys :cry: help me!!!

hmm-have you tried to not think about it-maybe go for a walk like today or tomorrow-put on some headphones and windowshop or just get out. I think you might be wrapped up in it and stuck-the answer is there but you just need to clear your head-so you can think clearly. how large is the assignemnt? will you be able to complete by wed.? how long ago were you given the assignment? and did you do any research for it? sometimes a trip to the book store or library and looking up info on your subject(s) can really be helpful also-this might open up new ideas that you might not have thought about if you had just sat frustrated pulling out your hair at your desk–

also-try:
looking at your work upside down
tilted or on different angles
from far away-this always helps me
inverted
changing the music that you are listening to right now

good luck–

uno-

when i’m stuck i like to talk to people completely outside of the design field. maybe your parents, high school friends, neighbor. it’s sometimes very helpful to get a view outside of design. as designers we tend to over thing and over annalyze things and only talking to other designers only makes this worse. someone outside of design will give you some fresh and simplified ideas.

… actually it not first time im doing like this … i always do… but i hate that i want to change…how can i do??

It appears that what you are stuck on has nothing to do with design, but more with paying enough attention to your schedule.

that hobbit wan’t really matter when i was high school bt now no… guys help me!!!

You have identified the problem. Are you already spending too much time listening to music, window shopping, or with friends?

Time to prioritize your life Mizzy.

*work
*eat
*sleep
*hygiene
*play (note last priority); necessary for creativity, but must be controlled

Simple really.

Go to an office supply store and purchase a “Daily Planner” calendar book and use it. Buy one with enough space (for each day) to be able to write a few notes in it.

This will be your way of making a living … you’ve got to learn how to schedule your time.

Remember; the last 10% of a project takes 90% of the time.

Sorry … didn’t mean to sound like your dad, but I guess I do.

…you need to break your project ‘fuzzy front-end’ into 24-48 hr bits and stick to it…reward yourself when you meet your schedule…works for me…

what are you doing instead of your work?

are the assignments boring?

Learn how to spell and type. it is very annoying. :angry:

learn how not to be such a mean person.

i know my spelling suck but i’m trying though…
it’s kind of hard to spell properly sometimes… because i’m the person who still learning english. so you have to understand little mistake!! can you?
thanks for saying that! (did i get any wrong spelling now? hopefully not…:slight_smile: