ID Masters without ID Undergrad

At my school, ID is not offered and so I have to major in interior design… What I really want to do is ID and wanted to know if a designer with an Interior design undergrad and a ID masters is as well qualified as a Designer with both an ID undergrad and masters.

why not transfer to a school with an ID undergrad instead of paying for 2 more years of a masters???

because it means $110,000 of loans… I am not American, and am studying in south america (tuition about $1000/year)