ICFF: What's the word on the street?

This will be my first time hitting up ICFF this year, so I’m unfamiliar with the deal: what shows/exhibits/locations are going to be hot and worth checking out over the others? Is this show like other design shows-- the best stuff is offsite from the main convention center-- or is the main show in the Javits Convention Center worth a spin? Is Brooklyn ground zero for parties?

all your information will be found here:

http://www.gunthernet.com

Enjoy

the word in the ol’ skool mail system ( i got a postcard ) is that some Hokies are representing at the ICFF.

word!

pee sout homie

From what i remember, ICFF isn’t that huge, so you can take your time and wander around. I think it took me less than two hours easy to go through everything. There is usually a good showing by smaller designers and manufacturers and the quality of the aesthetic runs the gamut. There are also some wonderful and professionally done pieces by students from design schools.

So, don’t worry that you need to hit anything first or last, you’ll have plenty of time. I would suggest, though, that you find out about some of the other events that go on in NYC off-site from ICFF that can happen either at art spaces or galleries, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

We’ve just posted our listings page for New York Design Week:

We’ll be updating that regularly, so check it often. Also, look for exclusive details on the Core77 11th Anniversary Bash, which will be extensively promoted there.

can anyone reccommend any good places for a student (myself) to stay? Looking for something affordable, clean, and safe…i know that may be a difficult combo in new york

any suggestions??