i

Hello all. i just have a few questons on the internal conponents of coffee machines.
1-What capicty boiler is needed for a 2 group head machine(answers on other sixe machines are welcome)?
2-What size of boiler will that be(deminsions)?
3-What type of motor and pump are needed?
4-What capicty(power) should they be?
5-What size aree they?min and max
5-is it possible to get them in different shape,ie a flat motor etc?
6 What weight are they?
7-What other pieces are needed?
8-Is there any regulations on pipework ar other areas of the machine to be considered?
9-Is there a maximum lenght that water and steam is allowed to travel in the pipes to the group heads and steam wands?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At one point I had many of the same questions. It makes more sense to just tear a few machines apart. Lets face it, there is nothing too tech about a coffee machine; even a programable one.

You might want to do a patent search to confirm some of your questions. you would not believe the number of patents from the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s

A great place to get your info is to field gather. Go the the salvation army and buy up some old ones as tear down machines. Many times they are only $2.00 for a complete machine.

You honestly expect people to give you the answers? Like anyone even knows?

Ask us “how do I go about figuring this out” and you’ll get some advice like the kind ‘moderator’ gave you.

#1 - get some history about the product
#2 - get some real life examples

those two things are exactly what Dyson did to make a better vacuum. He is now respected for his personal ambition to make something better.

#1 - lots of history is available in a quick one hour patent search.
#2 - the flaws of current products are shown quickly with the multitude of machines that are out there. Take some apart to answer those basic questions.

CG - This person is only asking strictly quantative questions. While these questions seem rather silly to you, it is their starting method to get to point B. Do you suggest a focus group is a better method for getting to point B?

These are engineering questions. Espresso machines contain water and steam at high pressures and temperatures. Bolloxing any of these line items could seriously injure someone- probably yourself the first time you try to use the prototype. All of these questions can be answered with pretty simple calculations based on temperature, water volume required, etc. If you can’t do those calculations, consult someone who can. If you just want to copy a working design without making any substantive changes, then find a good machine, buy it, tear it apart, and copy it exactly, without changing anything you don’t understand.