I think I have offended someone

I am in admist of a problem. To be precise I think I may be in deep ‘shit’.

I think I may have unconsciously offended a person on-line.
How would I remedy it ?
I have emailed some scenes from my country since the person seemed to like it a lot and also mentioned the thought of coming here to work. Usually there would be a reply though very late. I know the person is very busy with work but somehow my gut feeling says that I may have offended the person. The person has no response to the pics I sent. (only landscape scenaries and captions of where they are.)

Maybe I have done somethng wrong. I was curious about a situation one day as to why the person and others were unsub from a forum; so I
posted a question online to ask so I could help since the person told me there was no time to deal with it. I thought
it was helpful gesture. But i get the feeling that it may be seen as a kind of a ‘busy body’ ‘nosy parker’ sort of ‘thing’.

I hope it isn’t. But anyhow I have emailed in an apology 2 days ago. I’d probably be unforgiven i think… which upsets me as I really like to make good friends like this person. I think its worth the friendship and its a shame that i may have screwed it !!

any advise to help me rectify the damned situation ?

I shouldn’t have been that curious !!

I emailed it very sincerely, but 2 days have passed and nothing.
I have apologised in the past and the response was very quick and I felt at ease. The person replies emails late but when it comes to apologies, the response is usually very apt. But not this time. :frowning:

FYI, I am quite a problematic and thats why I apologise when I think I am at fault. especially online when I don’t want any misunderstandings to occur. However I do think I am in some kind of trouble.
Hope i am wrong !

I see no reason whatsoever that landscape pictures would have offended someone.

Unless there was something highly inappropriate mixed in with the “landscape”.

So unless theres something you’re leaving out in the story, it sounds like someone was just too busy to email you back. Theres no need to apoligize if you haven’t done anything wrong.

Unfortunately, this happens with over the internet. People can simply not respond and you will never know what happened.

You’ve done your part and I don’t think it’s your fault. I suggest you just leave it alone and move on. If it is a misunderstanding and if he’s a reasonable person, he will write back to you. If not, what’s the big deal really?

It’s really not worth being bothered by something like this which you have no control of.

Wait… what “landscape” does Singapore have? That 165m tall Bukit Timah hill?

thanks for the reply !!
well there is nothing wrong with the pics. Its a development of Singapore photos. The person appears to like the pics very much so I thought I would send more over periodically. I didn’t swamp the person’s inbox either. Took me a long time to squeeze 60 over photos under 1 MB and still in good clarity.

I think its more on the forum. I was wondering why the person was unsub. from the list. And since I had the time and I have always been wondering why there has been glitches on that forum, I took a nose dive and have a look.Maybe that had been a problem. I have been fretting about it and asked if I had done anything wrong. Perhaps the person might be thinking I am somekind of a nosy parker or snoopy of some sort…

The main reason why I am so worried because I think we can be very good friends. We share very similar character and design ideals. I like to make friends and keep the very good ones. Hence my fret.

Guess I can’t do much now. I did apologise by email. I really did.

Molestedcow, thanks for the kind words. The person has always been very reasonable and in fact seems to be very considerate. Thats why when there is no reply, I am worried.

hey how do you know the height of Bukit Timah Hill ??? Are you a Singaporean ? But you don’t sound like one. Or are you an American who have been to Singapore ?
And no, I didn’t take a photo of Bukit Timah Hill. Maybe I should. Singapore is a place that is currently undergoing big changes.

On second thoughts, I wish the person is actually reading this forum and could respond. I feel awful.

Molestedcow, thanks for the kind words. The person has always been very reasonable and in fact seems to be very considerate. Thats why when there is no reply, I am worried.

hey how do you know the height of Bukit Timah Hill ??? Are you a Singaporean ? But you don’t sound like one. Or are you an American who have been to Singapore ?
And no, I didn’t take a photo of Bukit Timah Hill. Maybe I should. Singapore is a place that is currently undergoing big changes.

On second thoughts, I wish the person is actually reading this forum and could respond. I feel awful.

No I’m not a Singaporean, nor am I an American, but trust me, I know you people inside out!:stuck_out_tongue:

Singapore is always undergoing big changes. Furthermore, it’s so small, so any change is hard not to be visible.

If they are offended, they are. It’s the World. It’s life. If they can’t handle the Earth, that’s their problem.

Wipe your slate clean, there is no need to apologize.

thanks taylor and molested cow for your advise.
True I have done what I could, so just let the rest goes along the flow.

Molested cow, there are vast changes here. And I mean really big changes. Its almost like an almost a total island revamp. From addition of MRT lines (underground train system) to increase of highways and very wide roads to a very noticeable addition of luxury condos and houses. Its not just a small tiny one. Though the country is tiny, the revamp is still seen as a very huge make over. Schools retrofitued and even those young buildings and flats are upgraded. Even locals find that they are like toursts on their own land.

The biggest change I’ve noticed, is Lee Kuan Yew’s talk about loosening of anti-gay laws.

It would be totally unimaginable before.

No I am not gay, but I knew a guy who is, and he was complaining about homosaxuality being illegal in Singapore.

Yes I know those changes. I was there a year ago. However, people haven’t changed a bit. The smell of the taxis is still the same. Same old Yeo’s lemon barley drink that I liked. But chicken rice now costs at least S$3.50 a plate :cry: :cry:

Singapore is good at anything that money can buy. I was hoping for more fundamental cultural change though.

molested cow,

I am guessing that you are from hong Kong. But I may be wrong.
prices have gone up high for food, necessities and luxury items with the exception of cars. That had come down like 30%. Cost of living has shot up. But the standard of living has gone up considerable for the upper middle and some of the middle class citizens.

Overall change is drammatic. Many foreigners here, more expats to be expected.

You can still get chicken rice for $2. But I would recommend the one right oppositie City Hall MRT station where the chicken rice is really good. And for only $3. Much lower than the Chatterbox version where it is S$20 a plate.

Singapore used to be very traditional place. But as far as I see it, its getting more westernised and very Americanised.

One of those is relationships. Also there is a good sign of a more open society, more tolerant to new ideas.

I think we are getting to be like another western society with a majority of asian population. More Eurasians too.

I wish to thank all for answering my problem. Thanks !

After thinking again carefully, I can only hope for the best.
The pictures are right. I did it out of good intentions. The only
thing that may be of concern is me being a nosy parker trying to suss
out what that system was. I thought it was really due to a sleeping moderator and a technical fault. I even emailed back to suggest the person
to try another generic email address and see if it would work ok.
I have included all the pointers here for my woes; thought about it carefully.
Emailed an apology when I suspected it was my faut.

All I can say for now is that is it would be a real shame if the friendship is lost just like that. It would be incredibly sad too.

I am so happy today even though I am in a pile of mud ! And this is probably irrelevant to post here but I dont care ! Only happens after more than a month. At least its better late then never.

What a sigh of relief !

I’ve never been to the US. But so far with sincerity it seems that I get some nice response back. So I am happy and cheery today : )