how to start as a freelancer

i m new, help me start as a freelancer in fashion illustration.
i have fashion designing diploma of 2 years n m pretty confident in fashion illustrating.
m new in US.
dont know how to start my career.[/i][/b]

Hi,

I´m not sure where you would start but, try to make some research about fashion industries, no matter the size of the industry/company…Generally they look for a full time employee, but sometimes if they are a lot of work, they deliver some fashion developments for people they know…try to make contact with them and get an interview, show your illustrations, etc…I´m graduated in Fashion Design also, and after 3 years working with fashion I discovered that was not the kind of work I wanted, so I decided to have a diploma in ID also…and now I´m happy about my carreer!
Good luck :slight_smile:

GOOD QUESTO… atleast ure serious (not for work) but for freelancing… whichs is something personal… well wont give a great advice bout it. but atleast can tell you what i did.
well well well… 7 yrs in the market… i got a pc in 94 by pocket money to play prince of persia… was a artist by birth… started from ms paint… then flash 3 … till one day . when my small bro told me " why the hell ure wasting time when ure not gettin money for it… " he told me to contact a web dev company… where i did my first freelance project " a web animated banner "in flash. for some cash equalent of 2 can beers… and i was damn happy that i made extra money , keeping in mind… that i would be doing the same thing even if i didnt get any money… for fun… my hobby… and there i started… with more banners… day by day… and then ecards… then games… then websites… ads… publications, corporate cds… 3d modelling… character animations… ads for t.v… and its now… 7 yrs… but i always took out… 3 hours to update and practice… im doing a desinger’s job… and get upto $ 23 thousand… and with my freelance i make 2 times more… just sitting at home… … a guy of 26 making almost $ 70 thousand , in a middle east country… i’d be going on a major study course… soon… besto me…
but to start all this… u must have something to prove ( a profile ) that you can do the job…YOU KNOW YOURE CONFIDO its not imp that the work you did was as a practice or for the market… whats imp is that you must be capable of doing the work… the market wants work , not YOU … and YOU KNOW THE WORK … so i think you are already a sucessful man… u just need to introduce your self… do your marketing by showing your work…
best of luck…